Frogs in a pool can be an unwelcome surprise for any pool owner. While frogs can be beneficial for the environment, they can be a nuisance in a swimming pool. Fortunately, there are some simple steps that you can take to get rid of frogs in your pool.
Steps to Get Rid of Frogs in Pool
- Remove Frogs By Hand: The most straightforward way to get rid of frogs in your pool is to remove them by hand. Put on a pair of rubber gloves and gently scoop the frog out of the pool. Move slowly and don’t startle the frog, as that may cause it to jump back into the pool.
- Create a Barrier: Create a barrier around the pool to prevent frogs from entering the area. You can do this by installing a fence around the pool or by placing rocks or stones around the perimeter.
- Install a Frog Trap: If frogs continue to enter your pool, consider installing a frog trap. Frog traps are designed to catch frogs as they enter your pool and can be purchased from most home improvement stores.
- Use Chemical Repellents: Chemical repellents can be used to keep frogs away from your pool. There are a variety of chemical repellents on the market, such as citronella oil, garlic oil, and predator urine.
- Remove Sources of Food: Frogs are attracted to pools because of the food sources that may be present. To discourage frogs from entering your pool, remove any sources of food that may be present, such as insects, worms, and slugs.
- Keep Lights Off: Frogs are attracted to light, so make sure that any outdoor lights near your pool are turned off at night.
Getting rid of frogs in your pool can be a challenging task, but it is possible with the right steps. From creating a barrier to using chemical repellents, there are a number of ways to keep frogs away from your pool.