Having sand in your pool isn’t just unsightly, it can also clog up your filtration system and damage your pool’s equipment. Getting rid of the sand can be a difficult task, but with the right tools and techniques, you can get sand out of your pool in no time.
What You Will Need
Before you can get the sand out of your pool, you’ll need to make sure you have the right tools. Here is a list of essential items you need to get started:
- Pool vacuum
- Vacuum hose
- Skimmer net
- Filter bags
- Pool brush
- Chlorine tablets
Steps to Remove the Sand
Once you have all the necessary tools and supplies, you can begin the process of removing the sand from your pool. Here are the steps you need to take:
- First, you need to vacuum the pool to remove as much sand as possible. Use the vacuum hose to suck up the sand, then use the skimmer net to scoop up any remaining grains.
- Next, you need to backwash the filter. This is done by switching the filter setting to “backwash” and running the pump for about three minutes. This will help remove any sand that is stuck in the filter.
- After backwashing, you should also clean the filter bags. This can be done by removing the filter bags from the filter and running them through a cycle in the washing machine.
- Once the filter bags are clean, use the pool brush to scrub any remaining sand off the pool walls.
- Finally, add chlorine tablets to the pool. This will help dissolve any remaining sand particles, as well as sanitize the water.
Removing sand from your pool isn’t always easy, but with the right tools and techniques, you can get the job done quickly and effectively. Make sure you have all the necessary supplies and follow the steps outlined above to get rid of the sand.